Thursday, February 10, 2005

Exhaustion.

Ever notice how doing experiments that don't work takes 10 times more energy out of you than doing ones that give you interesting, useful data?

I am sooooooo tired. Today I finished an uninteresting western blot and did some uninteresting FACS. I don't think either of those things will end up being useful. Then I went to a mostly boring seminar from someone everyone describes as a 'star.'

The boss is sick and went home. My boyfriend is abandoning me for some much-needed 'guy' time tonight- he rarely does this, but it always pisses me off when he doesn't give me enough advanced notice to make plans with my friends.

Of course, my friends are all working tonight anyway, so it's not like they could do anything fun with me! One of them is working up a huge, 2-liter prep that involves some kind of black tar rotavap step... it sounded awful.

So, it could be worse. I could be working with black tar.

Sigh. I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to drag myself back to the gym. As backwards as it sounds, I know that exercising will help me feel less tired.

It's just so backwards. All I want to do is sleep! And sit on my couch and watch tv and eat junk food!

I really wish there were some magical food I could eat that would cure me of being tired and craving stuff that is bad for me. I try to eat fruit and drink water and do all that stuff they say should help, but it's just not enough. A person just can't go on like this forever, it's ridiculous. Is everyone constantly exhausted in this business, or is it just me?

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger kiara said...

It's not just you, this is so right !!!
I'm actually relieved I'm not the only one you know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home