I'm trying to brainstorm a list of what I need to do and in what order.
1. Nag the advisor via email (check).
2. Nag the advisor in person.
3. Prioritize experiments to do sooner (making use of available equipment, etc. things that are available now, should take advantage of those).
4. Prioritize experiments to do for funding (e.g. to get necessarily preliminary data for future grant applications on the assumption that I will move to a new location and have no equipment for a while).
5. Catch up on reading. Must deplete accumulated piles.
6. Submit abstract(s) for meeting(s).
7. Exercise to the point of exhaustion (so as to avoid screaming at advisor).
8. Random personal errands (oil change for car; hair cut for head; pants altered, etc.)
9. Clean up desk.
10. Clean up desk at home.
11. Skype with old friends (hey, kind of counts as job networking??)
12. Read blogs (= mental health, see above under #7 so as to avoid screaming at advisor).
As you can see I've done #1 and #12 already. Maybe I'll do #9 next. This is my usual order of procrastinating. Then maybe #6??
I will not scream at my advisor. I will not scream at my advisor. I will not quit. I will not quit. I will not run screaming from the campus and go work at a coffee shop. I will not run screaming from the campus and go work at a coffee shop. I will not. I will not.