Monday, January 17, 2005

I hate advertising

Okay, so at the moment my randomly-changing Google Ads is showing linking to PhD programs.

I just want to say for the record that I don't think ANYONE should EVER go to grad school.

So I'm kind of conflicted about the ads. I mean, on the one hand, I think people thinking about going to grad school should definitely be reading my blog.

Little do they know what it's actually like!

On the other hand... well if anyone had told me what grad school would have been like, I would have seriously considered cutting off one of my hands if it meant I didn't have to go. Lord knows I would have considered cutting one off if it would have gotten me out of there sooner.

Well, I did consider various forms of dismemberment, both for myself and others...

Anyway, as it turned out, I redid my experiment on Sunday Night and it actually worked a little better. Tonight I will try again... yes, it is MLK day, and it is technically a holiday, but as we scientists know, cells wait for no man's cold-blooded murder anniversary.

Technically, scientists don't observe holidays of any kind. We work all day, every day. Well, we do when we're feeling motivated. Or competitive. Mostly when we're breathing, we are working.

Do we get any credit for this? Noooo. Do we get paid well? Nooooo

Do the math. It's just not worth it. Friends don't let friends go to grad school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home