Friday, October 21, 2005

Why Bush nominated Miers

Ok, so I have a theory. I think the Bush administration felt pressured to nominate a woman to the Supreme Court, but they didn't want to. So they picked someone who is patently unqualified, knowing that if she doesn't get confirmed, they can then nominate a man without compunction.

And/or, they can just sit back and watch while Congress looks like a bunch of idiots trying to give her a hard time. I thought they looked like fools trying to tell John Roberts he needed to admit to being biased. I also thought it was pathetic that, given the Republican majority right now, there was nothing else the Democrats could do about him getting confirmed, even if they wanted to block it. You'd think they would have been more prepared with better questions, more clever about it. But instead they seemed desperate at worst, whiny at best. I suspect they will be even more shrill and irrational while questioning Miers. And I've very curious to see, if it makes it that far, how she handles it, considering the excerpts I've heard from her answers to the questionnaire.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Maybe Bush is smarter than we think. Maybe he wanted something to amuse him and he's sitting in the White House right now laughing his ass off at all of this.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Junniper, MPA said...

I certainly hope bush is smart than I think. ;) Because if he's not...whew boy.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

I don't hope he's smarter. That just means he's more evil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home