Sunday, September 17, 2006

Product Placement- Shaving Sucks.

Ok, what happened to the lotions that help lower the frequency of necessary shaving? I noticed Jergens and Aveeno both suddenly stopped selling them. I'm annoyed because a) I HATE shaving, b) they actually WORK, unlike many products, and uh, c) does this mean they had to pull them because of unhealthy side-effects I'll only find out about later?

(I have to admit I had a sneaking suspicion that the idea of inhibiting hair growth might not be all that healthy, but I didn't care.)

In a desperate effort to cope with the return to daily shaving, I finally bought one of these new Intuition razors. The first time I used it was FANTASTIC. But I think it's not going to age well, as the lubricant part of it is shrinking rapidly, while I think the razor itself might actually still be plenty sharp after the lubricant is all gone. And the refills are EXPENSIVE.

ARGH. I hate stubble. And don't even talk to me about waxing, epilady, or any of these other ridiculous tortures. I do NOT believe in suffering for beauty.

Bad enough I have to wear an underwire every day.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Jergen's stuff has been discontinued. You can still buy the equivalent product made by Keri off drugstore.com

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey check out the new victoria secret IPEX bra, it has no underwire but actually does support you! much more comfortable and actually made pretty well, although it is a bit pricey.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

I love the IPEX! But I don't have the kind without an underwire. I'll have to try that.

Keri & drugstore.com- got it, thanks!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a solution

let yourself get hairy.

no more sexual harassment.

no more shaving.

problem solved.

two birds with one stone!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Honeybee said...

I noticed the lotion thing too! I had a huuuuuge bottle of Suave brand, no less, and couldn't find it!

I'll have to check out drugstore.com. That stuff really did work!

Also, I hear ya on the underwire. Vicky's doesn't even make bras in my size.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home