Friday, January 25, 2008

The Upper Echelons of Mediocrity

This was written as a draft about six months ago, but I never posted it. I guess I was busy working or something.

________________

Someone asked if I'm really striving for greatness.

I guess the answer lately is simply, I don't know.

I've always been one of those people who wanted to be famous. I don't know why, I wanted it since I was too little to even understand what it is.

As I've gotten older, in some circles I am somewhat infamous. I know it's not the same thing. And I'm surprised when people I've forgotten meeting remember me. I don't think of myself as particularly memorable.

I guess I like the (farcical) theme of Death to Smoochy: You can't change the world, but you can make a dent.

I used to get excited about little things, because they were big to me. I used to jump for joy at a band on an agarose gel. But lately it's just a means to an end, and sometimes I find myself wondering how much I even care about the answer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home