Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bad Mood.

Must be the upcoming full moon or something, but I'm finding my patience wearing thin with a lot of people this week.

Maybe it's because what little patience I have left is all in one pot:
waiting on my advisor.

Maybe it's the change in the weather. I'm sure it's partly pms.

Regardless, it's not good, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. I can't really hide in my house to avoid screaming at people, but right now I'm wondering if that's the only safe thing to do.

I'm on the verge of dissolving a collaboration because one of my co-authors is acting like a total psycho all of a sudden. I don't know where it came from. But I'm getting to the point where I might have to contact the PI and ask what the hell is going on with this person. I'm not sure that would accomplish anything, but it's either that or ditch the project entirely.

Sometimes when these moods flare up, because of stress or whatever, I find that waiting a little while will let me cool down and not burn any bridges.

It's amazing how people can push your buttons, whether they mean to or not, and even when you try to stop yourself you just have this urge to push back.

This is one of those times, I'm just furious and disgusted and don't see the point in trying to make nice.

I know that everyone goes a little nuts sometimes, and I'm in a bad mood already so it's extra hard to just rise above it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home