Monday, May 19, 2008

A good tidbit.... no, two! Two good tidbits.

Tidbit 1:
Found out today that several people are using a protocol I wrote and they all swear by it. They say it is foolproof, now they can do a technique they could never otherwise do.

I said yeah, that was the idea. I wrote it for my students. It is student-proof.

Anyway I had no idea they liked it so much (or would even consider telling me that, although they haven't all publicly acknowledged it or me... I feel the need here for stealing the FSP trademark tiny sarcastic font, but I won't since it was her idea).

Still, that tidbit alone would have made my day.

Tidbit 2:
Randomly (?) advisor is suddenly (and I hope irrevocably) excited about my work.

THAT made my day.

Would be even better if I knew how to induce this state of excitement at will, but I will take what I can get.


And now I am going home to bask a little in a moment of yay!

and work a little more. Because I like to work when work is yay.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Terrific!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde said...

I like this blogging of the good as well as the bad! Nice job on the protocols--I'm always impressed when someone gives me a protocol that isn't total crap and missing half the assumptions. I've gotten several that caused me to furrow my brow.

My favorite was when a labmate gave me the protocol for a procedure she does every single day. I double-checked the math and found an error in her concentrations. Significant error, like one reagent was being used at 1/20th the published value.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger sexy_geek said...

Hi, I've come across your blog while I was blog hopping some science
blogs. I'm currently building my blogroll and looking for some
blogs to exchange blogrolls with. I'm a new science blogger but am a
long time fan of science. I was hoping you could help me jumpstart my blog by adding me on your blogroll so that I may get some readers and
feedback from other science bloggers. My blog is:
http://www.nerdnewsblog.com

If you're interested, kindly email me. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home