Thursday, June 05, 2008

white noise.

I generally hate white noise. I hate it on airplanes. I hate static. Don't particularly like it when I get a haircut and the person is slow with the dryer.

I sleep with a white noise generator, but not by choice. It does a great job of drowning out other noises that keep me awake.

But right now I am waiting patiently for our janitor to finish vacuuming the hallway. I hate vacuuming and I hate sneezing so I am very appreciative that

a) someone is vacuuming
b) it's not me.

But I am trying to think and white noise is really not compatible with that. And I can't put on music to drown it out, my little stereo is not loud enough.

But man, vacuuming is one of those things you'd think we wouldn't need to do anymore. Whatever happened to filtered air and self-cleaning houses (and offices)? Hmmm?

This was supposed to be the future. Sheesh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hardwood floors is where it's at.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger hgg said...

couldn't agree more. when I'm out travelling (and that's a lot) I usually have both earplugs AND noise cancelling headphones. reducing the noise level takes away some of the strass of travelling a lot

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

I'd love one of those self-cleaning houses.

My husband works with noise canceling headphones that also operate like normal headphones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home