Thursday, May 29, 2008

Procrastinatory.

Taking a cue from FSP, who went back to look at her earliest blog posts, I went back and re-read some of my earlier posts.

I think they were pretty good. Insightful, positive, and funny, even.

Lately I feel like I am kicking a dead horse, playing the world's smallest violin, and generally repeating myself with no sense of humor whatsoever.

Anyway I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to do in lab, or I might not be blogging this time of day at all.

Yes. So. Things are incubating. I am tempted to go look at them, but that would involve movement, and I don't think these incubating things want to be moved just yet.

Maybe tomorrow I will look at them???

I am very anxious for the data, I want to know if this experiment can ever work. Advisor says it won't. Of course that just makes me want it to work, which is a totally stupid reflexive instinct on my part.

And yeah, I wanted it to work anyway or I wouldn't have tried in the first place. My worst fear, as usual with experiments, is that it won't be interpretable for some unforseen reason, and I am sitting around obsessing about extra controls I could have maybe done but shouldn't be necessary but I just hope I don't end up wishing I did them.

Hmph.

So overall, since I am waiting and I hate waiting, I am pretty uninspired.

I did some reading, did some planning, did some thinking, and now I am tired. Wait, I take that back. I've been tired all day.

There is nothing all that pressing I need to do, so does it count as procrastinating when you're really just putting off things that aren't going to get done for a while anyway?

I think I will go home and, whatever, watch tv. And think about taking my car to Jiffy Lube. I won't, I don't want to. I will procrastinate about that!

Aha, I have a plan. I will procrastinate about that. And then I can say I am doing something: procrastinating.

Gone are the days when I would have written a long blog post about, I don't know, the gory details of my week. Not that they would be very interesting.

One small comfort, I have been laughing at a friend whose feed on Facebook says she has been playing a lot of Scrabulous lately (she is supposed to be looking for jobs!). So I am not the only one who feels like procrastinating.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, waiting for results is not really procrastinating...

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

Scrabulous rocks my world! But my friends haven't been playing lately. Sad.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm reading anyway, so nyah nyah.

There is undoubtedly at least one researcher who has/will come here, seen you posting about the blahs, and come away thinking, "hey, it's not just me!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home