Friday, July 28, 2006

I made it to Friday.

I am exhausted, overwhelmed, and just want to go home and take a nap. Actually I still want a vacation. I always want a vacation.

Work is going well. Almost too well: I have people clamoring to help me with my project and pushing me to do more experiments to prove my theories are correct.

This is all great, but it makes me tired just thinking about all the stuff I have to do.

Meanwhile, some people still want me to move to Science Blogs.

In an effort to see how much Google Ads has helped me, I checked my PayPal account for the first time today.

Guess how much money I've made from this blog?

$0.00

And that's okay. It's been really therapeutic and I've gotten some great ideas from comments from people. You've helped me make decisions (like waiting to get the new laptop) and encouraged me when I needed pepping up.

So I just have to get through today, and tonight I get to see my boyfriend and relax, because it's OK not to work on Friday night! And actually I probably will take all of tomorrow off, too.

But sometimes I just feel like the cartoon character of the guy who got caught in the snowball, little hands and feet sticking out as it barrels down the mountain.

see for example this guy, the snowball man in hell:

snowball

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger um yeah said...

I'm glad to hear that you're taking the evening/tomorrow off. I can definitely related to that snowballed feeling.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guilty, as charged.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

Need something to motivate you to keep blogging? Get one of these neat counters
http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s23ellocin1

I love it because it shows where the people are located geographically and it shows where they were before the visited your site...and more... :)

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made $0.00 because your Google Ads are poorly positioned. The only way I figured out you even had ads is that I scrolled all the way to the bottom LOOKING for your ads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home