To get a new laptop, or lust after one from afar?
Been reading up on the new MacBooks. I'm tempted to get the black one, partly because I'm still nostalgic for my old square black G3 (I don't care what they say, I hate the 3:2 aspect ratio and I'm sick of the gray).
So here's my thinking:
1. has been only ~ 3 years since I got my G4, and I'm poor.
2. it's new- might be better to wait and not be the beta-tester.
3. it's new- prices might keep coming down?
4. various uncertainties about whether I'll someday need to do (more) 3D graphics (than the occasional amount I do now) and be better off with the MacBook Pro
5. no excuse not to use Windows-based applications
6. No universal binaries yet for Photoshop or Office
7. tiny screen might be annoying
8. reviews say mixed things about glossy screens, etc.
9. have to buy a DVI adaptor?? Annoying.
1. I like the new color- it's stupid psychological stuff, but I'm ready for a change
2. Would be lighter than my G4- I have to lug it around a LOT
3. Would be WAY faster
4. no excuse not to use Windows-based applications
5. glossy screen might be nice
6. it's actually not that expensive for what you get
Got any opinions on this? Anyone reading this blog try them out yet? I'm tempted to head over to the store this weekend and drool on one.