Monday, June 11, 2007

Hiding in my office.

I am feeling frazzled. So even though I have bench work I absolutely have to do today before I go home, at the moment I am more or less planning to wait until everyone leaves.

I'm not returning phone calls. I should. The phone will certainly ring again before the day is over. Lord only knows what I'll do if someone knocks on my door. Hide behind the file cabinet?

I have barely any email to deal with, but what little I got today makes me want to throw things and break windows. So I'm avoiding dealing with it at all.

I've realized what it was that kept my thesis advisor incommunicado so much of the time. And why I got so much done in college.

I cope with stress by working. Quietly. I like books. I like reading and writing. I really do. It seems so simple and soothing compared to all the crap beyond my desk.

So I am hiding. I have plenty of things to do, so I'm getting things done, but you know it's bad when you're afraid to even microwave your lunch, for fear that you might get caught having to talk to someone and pretend like everything is hunky-dory, because nobody actually wants to know the real answer to "how's it going?"

Today is just one of those days, I'm just not in the mood for getting anyone's advice.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger KD said...

Thanks! I have days like that too, it's nice to hear the same thing from someone else. I still work in a cubicle though, so I just have to hide behind my headphones. :)

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a facultative need/tolerance for faculty? {/geekjoke}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home