Thursday, July 05, 2007

What's worst?

When I make lists, I can't help trying to put things in order. So in order of least annoying to most annoying thing that happened to me today, where would you rank these?

***

- Got <6 hours of sleep last night

- Getting a cold

- Getting cramps

- Can't seem to keep on top of basic chores like washing dishes and putting them away so there's room to wash more

- Equipment broken at work

- Wasting whole day to find that out... and realizing already wasted several days on preparing samples (and precious grant money to prepare samples)

- Collaborators who use crappy reagents and then send figures of that

- People who send gigantic attachments of things that don't need to be gigantic

- Departmental picnics where they require attendance... and then charge a fee for the food

- No mail for 3 days because postal worker seems to think the whole week is a holiday??

- Computer programs crashing

- Left my notebook at work so I can't decode my data

- 3 Netflix videos but none of them appealing right now

***

Maybe I'll just give up and go to bed. Tomorrow will likely be more of the same, but in theory getting some sleep will help with the top 3 things on this list, even if they're nowhere near the worst.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Sherrianne said...

Everyone seems to be getting summer colds right now. I hope you feel better soon.

Going to bed to get some rest is a good idea.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major suckage; my sympathies!

“In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning.”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
~Jennifer Unlimited

“Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day~to~day living that wears you out.”
~Anton Chekov
h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home