Thursday, July 05, 2007

What's worst?

When I make lists, I can't help trying to put things in order. So in order of least annoying to most annoying thing that happened to me today, where would you rank these?


- Got <6 hours of sleep last night

- Getting a cold

- Getting cramps

- Can't seem to keep on top of basic chores like washing dishes and putting them away so there's room to wash more

- Equipment broken at work

- Wasting whole day to find that out... and realizing already wasted several days on preparing samples (and precious grant money to prepare samples)

- Collaborators who use crappy reagents and then send figures of that

- People who send gigantic attachments of things that don't need to be gigantic

- Departmental picnics where they require attendance... and then charge a fee for the food

- No mail for 3 days because postal worker seems to think the whole week is a holiday??

- Computer programs crashing

- Left my notebook at work so I can't decode my data

- 3 Netflix videos but none of them appealing right now


Maybe I'll just give up and go to bed. Tomorrow will likely be more of the same, but in theory getting some sleep will help with the top 3 things on this list, even if they're nowhere near the worst.



At 7:32 PM, Blogger Image Goddess said...

Everyone seems to be getting summer colds right now. I hope you feel better soon.

Going to bed to get some rest is a good idea.

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous andrea said...

Major suckage; my sympathies!

“In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning.”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
~Jennifer Unlimited

“Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day~to~day living that wears you out.”
~Anton Chekov


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home