When I make lists, I can't help trying to put things in order. So in order of least annoying to most annoying thing that happened to me today, where would you rank these?
- Got <6 hours of sleep last night
- Getting a cold
- Getting cramps
- Can't seem to keep on top of basic chores like washing dishes and putting them away so there's room to wash more
- Equipment broken at work
- Wasting whole day to find that out... and realizing already wasted several days on preparing samples (and precious grant money to prepare samples)
- Collaborators who use crappy reagents and then send figures of that
- People who send gigantic attachments of things that don't need to be gigantic
- Departmental picnics where they require attendance... and then charge a fee for the food
- No mail for 3 days because postal worker seems to think the whole week is a holiday??
- Computer programs crashing
- Left my notebook at work so I can't decode my data
- 3 Netflix videos but none of them appealing right now
Maybe I'll just give up and go to bed. Tomorrow will likely be more of the same, but in theory getting some sleep will help with the top 3 things on this list, even if they're nowhere near the worst.
Labels: bad day