Friday, October 19, 2007

I love being right.

Lately the best part of my job is troubleshooting.

It's ridiculous to enjoy it as much as I do, but I just love it when I correctly identify the problem.

I love that I can look at something I know nothing about, and break it down into pieces and ask systematically what could go wrong with each piece.

Thank you, grad school. If you taught me nothing else, you taught me how to do that.

Of course it's only fun if testing each possibility is, you know, possible. If you can't rule anything out, that's no fun at all.

And nevermind whether it can actually be fixed, or if it will be insanely expensive or take a long time. That's a different issue altogether.

Of course it's more fun for big problems than little ones, but as my cup of tea says today, my intuition is my best friend, and it's usually right.

I love that.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always more fun when someone else is doing the experiments.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

I wouldn't know much about that. I hope someday soon I will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home