Drinking to excess is frowned upon on Mondays.
But I might do it anyway.
What I need right now is a good, hard black out. I've never blacked out, ever, and I think I'm long overdue.
Sort of like a hard reboot. So what if some of the hard drive gets wiped? There are a few things in my memory banks that I could do without.
As justification for alcohol on a weekday, let's see, which was more annoying today?
1. Stupid comments from people saying that I'm too whiny.
Fuck off, people. It's a blog. How sad is your life that you're writing a comment here saying I sound whiny? Don't you have anything better to do?
2. Stupid questions at work.
Not too many of those today, actually. Phew. What a relief. Only one or two.
3. Stupid emails from people sending me shitty-ass data and saying it looks great.
Check. Haven't responded to those yet. Must drink first and get my Constructive Feedback hat on (aka beer goggles for data).
4. Not having enough time to deal with very basic things in my personal life.
Still need to figure out latest health insurance changes nonsense; still have not dealt with car (see several blog posts over the last several months, car will probably blow up before I do anything about it).
5. News that my 'peers' who lack even basic pipetting skills are somehow careening past me on the roller rink of jobs.
Yeah, that one really deserves a drink. I soooo wish I could blog more details about that, because it's a great testament to black comedy, the things I've seen these people do in lab and still get high impact papers. In-fucking-credible.
And with that happy thought, I'm outta here for the day. Fuck off, y'all.