Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday yawn.

I did not sleep enough or well last night, but I am awake now. I'm afraid this will be one of those hangover-type days. I don't actually have a hangover, but I'm too tired to do much of anything. Which is not ideal, since I need to go to lab for at least a little while.

I am delaying making coffee, which might be the liquid gold of motivation, because the alcohol I had last night is having the most undesirable after-effect of making me feel anxious as I finish metabolizing the last lingering fumes.

I am delaying finishing Christmas shopping and all of that stuff, although I know that I have presents I should wrap, and so on and so forth. If I do nothing else this weekend, I should at least do that (and go to lab, and go to the gym...).

I could really use some boring weekend. You know the kind I mean. When you literally can't wait to get back to work on Monday because at least that is always interesting, there is always something more to do.

Right now I am waiting for the anxiety to wear off, because I know it is just the alcohol fumes and not worth suffering through. I am waiting patiently instead, and thinking that exercise would probably help speed the process if I could just get off the couch and move around.

Oh, couch, I love you. You are always here for me when I want to be horizontal and lazy!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup--gotta hit the gym or go for a good run. I returned last night from an 8 day road/plane trip for residency interviews that literally took me around the country from coast to coast that included multiple snow storms (driving and flying through), multiple days of being stranded by the snow, losing my coat, losing my suits all with little sleep and a hit or miss diet consisting mostly of beef jerky and those little powdered donuts. Last night I slept about 15 hours and felt mostly lousy all today until I hit the gym today for a good lift. Feeling much better!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger blueoceana said...

You sound bored.

Take up photography. Where do you live?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

I'm somewhat regretting making a fleece slipcover for my scratchy hand-me-down couch. It is soooo comfy now (especially with the horrible weather wailing outside) that it makes it extremely difficult to get up and motivated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home