Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Personality splitting.

Literally spent an hour writing a paragraph on a friend's FB page this morning, only to delete it after realizing it sounded too much like YFS and maybe not appropriate for FB.

Meanwhile, things at work are progressing in both potentially good and severely bad ways, leading me to wonder if I'm going to be leaving my current position even sooner than I thought. But I still think that if I leave, I won't be coming back.

Kind of sucks because I'd like to blog about it, but the whole anonymity thing is getting to me lately. I'm going to back to thinking I might compile a book, FSP-style, but also augment it with the details I couldn't blog about from my current position.

Still mulling this all over. Meanwhile, I hope everybody is having a good hump day.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd buy your book, YFS.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

Thanks, Anon! That's what, ten dollars right there? LOL!

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's unbloggable, I don't see how it would be any better to publish in a book... what's your rationale?

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger JaneB said...

I'd buy your book too, for sure!

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous a physicist said...

I'd buy it too! I loved FSP's book.

Many of your posts recently have made me wonder about the differences between physics and biology. Folks in my field aren't PI's on soft money, there's no med school physics labs that I'm aware of. I wonder if biology is just a discouraging field to be in... or if my experience (in physics) is atypical. Perhaps both.

Anyway, been reading your blog continually, just not commenting lately.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

Anon,

The point is, if I were otherwise not going to even try to continue to keep up appearances in science, the whole anonymous blog thing becomes moot and I might as well just tell it like it is. In some ways, I think it would be so much easier (potential lawsuits for defamation of character, etc. aside when actual names as used).

anyway, thanks JaneB and a physicist... that's encouraging...

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

I find myself using FB's messaging feature more and more these days. I guess I'm just more "ranty" lately.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger MGS said...

I'm a long time reader, too, and I would also buy your book.

I agree with a physicist that fields in biology have a higher probability of being unpleasant than more computational fields such as physics. I haven't figured out why that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home