Sunday, July 29, 2007

Thanks, Hillary.

The best Hillary quote I've heard yet: Pay attention to your hair, because everyone else will.

You go, girl. That's a great message to send!

I like this brief summary after I heard on Meet the Press about how she attended a hair stylist convention.

I realize that she's trying to joke about it, but she's no Kathy Griffin. Seems to me most everything Hillary says or does, everyone takes very seriously.

I guess that can be both a good and bad thing.

Check out this article where they drew attention to what she's wearing (they have a picture) and claimed that she was showing "cleavage" - and made a HUGE deal about it.

I mean, COME ON!

And here I have to tolerate co-workers who make excuses for why they "can't help noticing" women's anatomy at work.

The article contains another gem of a quote, for those of you who might not have known:
"After all, it wasn't until the early '90s that women were even allowed to wear pants on the Senate floor."

Equality, my ass. Americans are so repressed, it's no wonder we're lagging behind all these other countries who have already had women presidents.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Am I a woman scientist? said...

Sadly, those countries which have had women presidents aren't ahead of the States like you'd hope, as I've learned the hard way here in Scandinavia. It basically still sucks to be a woman everywhere, it just differs on the details.

We still have a lot of work to do!

(And yeah, even though I don't like Hillary, I get really pissed when I hear the constant commentary on her looks. When is that going to get old?)

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so want to be a Senator now, just for the fun of wearing something completely different every day, like burkha one day, kilt the next. It'd be interesting to try out the clothing of different parts of the world for example. I wonder what they'd think if I showed up completely covered in henna tattoos.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

Don't like Hillary? I gotta say, in some ways I like Obama better. But I have to ask- are you going to vote for her? Why don't you like her? Have you done a blog post on What Wrong With Hillary?

Henna tattoos rock. Burkhas and kilts, on the other hand, have very little going for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home