Friday, October 26, 2007

How often are fortune cookies right?

Here's what I got today:

You will always be successful in your business or professional career.

When they say "always", they mean starting now, don't they?

I would definitely not say that I have always been successful so far, but I'll take whatever positive thinking I can get!

Thank you, fortune cookie makers, for correctly predicting a major source of anxiety for most of us.

And, not to mince words, but does being a postdoc count as part of a professional career? Aren't we still in training???

Maybe I don't have a career yet, by that definition.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

In my second year of grad school (after pulling a week of 15+ h days during a grant deadline) I got a fortune that read: "You need to work harder."

I almost cried, but I eventually taped it up on my desk. It's still there.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Virtual Fortune Cookie :) at http://needask.blogspot.com/2001/01/my-cookies.html. May be not right, but its fun.. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home