Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Numbers of posts

Following in the steps of FSP, whose book I found encouraging, I went back through today and started tagging old posts.

It's a random time to do this. The grand total number of posts so far is 579, although we've had a lot of extended discussions in the comments, too.

And I agree, the last batch of posts, recently, has been more negative than positive.

And over the course of this blog, there have definitely been waves of creative solutions, and waves of whining. Some topics have repeated, but most have not.

In general, I think my older posts were better written. I had some clever turns of phrase here and there, some cute jokes.



But when I totaled it up, here's what I got:

[And by the way, commenters, when you write a comment you're writing to to ME, so don't talk about me as "she", asshole, and see my past posts on female pronouns. Thanks).]




Approximate number of posts where I blame someone else for my bad mood or job prospects, e.g. my advisor or my mother: 7

Approximate number of posts where I blame myself: 14

Approximate number of posts where I complain about the system being broken, or administrivia, and most often suggest rational solutions to these problems: 30

Approximate number of posts about sexism, women in science issues, affirmative action or international postdoc issues: 65

Approximate number of posts with the general tag "being a postdoc sucks": 29

Approximate number of posts tagged "silly": 52



So, yeah, thanks. If you send one more comment saying that I'm just being negative, fuck off, I won't publish it.

That is all for today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!!! only a science-minded person would go back and quantify the number of negative posts.

there's nothing wrong with being negative. it is a reaction to something BAD!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger bella said...

Your blog is a look into my future.. you're me, 3 or 4 years from now.

This is why I want to get out of academia but I have no freakin' idea how!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger bella said...

P.S. I think you're awesome and I love your blog. Let them say what they will, there are unf too many assholes in this world

 

Post a Comment

<< Home