Sunday, September 07, 2008

Too tired to post.

Got some suggestions for things to write about, and have some ideas, just no energy.

And I have to go to lab today, too.

Worked a long day yesterday, of course, also. It is catching up with me, since I worked last weekend, too.

I'll write more when I'm in the mood to concentrate on commenting articulately on other people's posts about the oversupply of PhDs, etc.

Mostly I think we should revisit the idea of what a PhD should be, and how not all PhDs are equivalent.

But I'm not going to do that right now. Right now I have to get off the couch, take a shower, eat lunch, and try not to let the football on the tv lull me into a nostalgic nap, in honor of college or high school when I had time to do that sort of thing on a Sunday afternoon. Never could stay awake with football on the tv. Thanks, dad.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Hmmm...I'll look forward to that post. I'm interested to see if you mean PhDs in different disciplines are different, or if a PhD at a second tier is equivalent to one at a top 20, etc.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Ms.PhD said...

I don't believe that PhD quality correlates with the 'tier' of the university.

But I'm still too tired today, so I don't think I'll do it now, either.

Have to try to get up the energy to go deal with some stuff I just don't feel like doing. I'm sure it will be fine when I actually do it, I'll think, "phew, that wasn't so bad."

But right now, I just want to go home and go back to bed. I've already been running around most of the day, only to get some news that sent my stress level up even higher (which I didn't really think was possible).

And I'm pmsing in a bad way. That's definitely not helping.

Should go deal with this stuff so I can move on to the other stressful activities on my to-do list, which could be combined with a cup of tea and some relative peace and quiet. Hmm. Tea. That would help.

Then maybe later I can climb up on my soapbox high-horse and write the requested post on the requested topic. But I'm really not in the mood, and I somehow doubt I will be later today, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home