Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Fumbling toward Friday

So, I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive or if it's just a coincidence, but I swear my advisor disagrees with everything i say now. I haven't said anything particularly important to her lately, but any little thing I suggest- in journal club, links to databases that I think are cool, etc. meets with a brush-off. I don't like the feeling that all of my ideas are suddenly bad. It seems just as arbitrary as how she loved everything I said until just a month or two ago. I hate that I even notice stuff like this.

Meanwhile, all the administrative nightmare I predicted with the lab move is coming to pass. At least, I hope it will eventually pass. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that I'm spending a lot of time calling people who are mostly out of town, because it's the summer, and then getting calls back about who is doing their work while they're off in Hawaii, or whatever.

So after we were told not to come in the last two days, I got some semi-b.s. from our remaining lab manager about where I've been the last couple of days. Apparently we were supposed to know to come in and help unpack, even though nobody planned where anything should go, a large percentage of our stuff just won't fit, and oh yeah, THEY TOLD US NOT TO COME IN. I just grinned and said I was at home working on my grant. But I realized later I could have been more forceful about driving it home that reading papers at home is my job, and organizing the pipette tips is not my job . I'll have to remember to mention that if she brings up something like that again.

Was on my way to meet with collaborators when I got caught in a sudden downpour. It ended up being the perfect excuse to go home instead. I feel responsible- I just washed my car. And it explains the horrendous migraine I had last night- I'm the human barometer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home